Osteoporosis 2018 is the ideal venue to showcase your research.
You are invited to submit one or more abstracts in one of the following categories:
- Original research
- Clinical audit/ service evaluation
- Case report/ case series with a learning outcome
Abstracts will be judged by a panel of experts in osteoporosis. Those selected by the panel will be chosen as one of the following:
- poster presentation
- oral presentation
- premier poster (presented during lunchtimes)
Top ranked abstracts will be selected for poster or oral presentation and all accepted abstracts will be published in a special edition of Osteoporosis International - given to every delegate attending the conference.
Abstracts may also be selected as the basis for clinical discussions.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY 8TH JUNE
- Up to 18 abstract awards are presented to the highest scoring abstracts in each category. The number of awards presented per category is proportional to the number of entries in each category.
- Criteria: Abstract Awards are given to candidates who are either: researchers aged under 35 years or less than three years after attaining their postgraduate degree OR Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) working in clinical practice.
- £300 is presented to each of the winners of the Young Investigator, Clinical and Case Report awards. A £50 book token is presented to the Premier Poster Award winners.
Abstract Award Categories:
- Young Investigator Awards: these awards are given to the presenting authors of the highest scoring research-based abstracts.
- Clinical Awards: these awards are presented to the highest scoring abstracts in the category of clinical audit/service evaluation.
- Case Report Awards: these awards are presented to the highest scoring abstracts in the category of case report.
- Premier Poster Awards: three awards are given to the three best-presented Premier Posters on display (which are not already in receipt of an abstract award). They are judged during the lunchtime poster walks.
Bursaries of up to £500 are available to use to contribute towards the costs of attending Osteoporosis 2018. The bursary is intended to contribute to registration fees, standard travel costs and accommodation.
Osteoporosis Conference bursary past recipients have said:
- "Without this support from the National Osteoporosis Society I would not have been able to present my study findings to the audience. Presenting the findings of the study will promote the reading of the manuscript"
- "I feel that attending the conference has given me several research ideas and opportunities of developing more robust patient pathways/interventions"
More information, eligibility criteria and how to apply is available here.
Osteoporosis 2018 will celebrate outstanding work in the field of bone health via Awards presented at the conference.
The Awards include:
- The Linda Edwards Lecture: the highest lectureship awarded by the Conference Committee at Osteoporosis 2018
- The Young Scientist Award: presented to a young scientist pursuing research into osteoporosis
- Abstract Awards: up to 18 abstract awards are presented to the highest scoring abstracts in each of the abstract categories
- Premier Poster Awards: three awards which are given to the three best-presented Premier Posters on display. They are judged during the lunchtime poster walks
- The Hilary Noakes Award: presented to the candidate with the highest overall mark in the examination for Certification in Bone Densitometry.
Lauren Robinson, University College London, Young Scientist Award Winner
Judy Adams Award
In memory of Professor Judith Adams and in recognition of the work she did with the Charity, a £1,500 grant will be available to support continuing professional development (CPD) and professional networking within the field of osteoporosis. To be in with a chance of receiving the award, please complete the application form. Terms and conditions apply. The successful candidate will be presented with the award at this year’s Osteoporosis Conference 2018 in Birmingham.
Download the application form here.
Download the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions here.
DON'T MISS AN UPDATE FROM OSTEOPOROSIS 2018
Subscribe to updates for healthcare professionals today.
You'll be amongst the first to hear the latest news, speaker announcements and tips to make the most of your time at conference.