It has to stop at one.
We have a plan to stop one broken bone leading to another. Can you spare a gift to help us put our plan into action?
At the National Osteoporosis Society, we hear on a daily basis from people who have suffered one or more broken bones. And they frequently describe their experiences using words such as frightened, exhausted, forgotten and frustrated.
...will break three or more before being diagnosed with osteoporosis.
...told us they are in long-term pain that they don't think will ever go away.
We have to ensure people with osteoporosis are diagnosed much sooner if we’re to prevent such pain and distress. So we have a plan to stop one broken bone leading to another.
Help us put our plan into action and, together, we can stop one broken bone leading to another.
As part of our Stop at One campaign, we have developed an online bone health quiz. It helps people to assess their risk of osteoporosis by answering questions about their health, circumstances and lifestyle. And gives personalised information and recommendations that empower them to improve their bone health, or talk through their concerns with their doctor.
Our plan is to place engaging information materials about our quiz in the fracture clinics and GP surgeries where people go to seek treatment for broken bones. We want everyone over 50 who has broken a bone to take the quiz so they can discover whether they are at risk of osteoporosis. Then they can take immediate action to improve their bone health.
Our plan is already working, but with your help today, we can prevent more pain and suffering.
We have already tested our Stop at One information campaign in eight NHS fracture clinics – and we know our approach works.
Just six months after launching our pilot campaign in eight fracture clinics, this is what we had achieved:
- More than 1,700 people had taken our quiz
- 77% thought they may be at risk of osteoporosis
- Almost one third have been in touch with their GP to discuss their risk
- 31% have already made changes to their diet and exercise regime
- 25% have visited the National Osteoporosis Society website for more information
On the strength of these fantastic results we are already expanding our campaign to a further 36 sites in 2018. But we want to do even more - and we really need your support to do it.
You can help prevent painful fractures by getting vital information into people's hands.
Please can you spare a gift to help us reach out to more people who may be at risk of osteoporosis?
If you can make a donation today, you can help us get Stop at One information materials into fracture clinics and GP surgeries around the country.
- £26.57 could help us display Stop at One posters in three GP surgeries or fracture clinics to encourage people over 50 to take our quiz and assess their risk of osteoporosis. Then they can take immediate action if necessary.
- £32.82 could pay for a six-month supply of Stop at One scratch cards for one GP surgery or fracture clinic, to encourage people to engage with our message and take our quiz.
- £50.14 could pay for a six-month supply of Stop at One posters, leaflets and scratch cards for one surgery or fracture clinic, helping an estimated 49 people.
- £100.28 could pay for a year’s supply of Stop at One posters, leaflets and scratch cards at one surgery or fracture clinic, helping an estimated 93 people.
If you prefer to donate over the phone, please call our friendly supporter team on 01761 473287.
Alternatively, you can send a postal donation to:
National Osteoporosis Society
Manor Farm, Skinners Hill
Please include a note indicating your donation is for the Stop at One Appeal.